SERVICES & FEES
Almost anything that is routinely done in a veterinary clinic exam room can be accomplished safely and comfortably right in your home. For procedures such as radiographs (x-rays) and soft tissue surgeries requiring general anesthesia, we are proud to offer these services in our 26-ft state of the art MOBILE veterinary clinic, right in your driveway! When more complex treatments/hospitalization are indicated, there are full-service stationary hospitals in the area I regularly refer my patients to.
I am able to provide limited after-hours emergency services to established and current Pet Country clients ONLY. Please call me if you have any questions regarding emergency care. After-hours exam fees and emergency travel fees will apply. Please see the “Contacts” page for information on emergency and specialty clinics in the area.
Complete physical exams
I cannot stress enough the importance of an annual physical exam; remember, our pets age so much faster than we do, and complete checkups can help catch potential problems early!
- Ear and skin infections
- Eye infections/injuries
- Skin masses/growths
- Nail trims
- Dental health evaluation
- Orthopedic issues: lameness, arthritis
- Heartworm testing
- Flea/tick control
- Fecal testing for intestinal parasites
Bloodwork/other diagnostic workups
I am proud to offer “in-house” bloodwork to assess organ function, evaluate for short-term and chronic use of medications and manage chronic diseases. Our state-of-the-art Abaxis VetScan VS2 Chemistry Analyzer only requires two drops of blood and gives accurate results in just 12 minutes. Our VetScan HM5 Hematology Analyzer also requires a small blood sample and 3 to 4 minutes to results.
Our in-house lab is also equipped with a centrifuge and microscope to analyze fecal samples for intestinal parasites; aspirates from various skin masses; evaluate urine samples, and prepare blood samples to be submitted to Antech Diagnostic Laboratory when special tests need to be ordered.
Anal gland expression
Health certificates (domestic, international)
- In-home visits are a perfect setting to evaluate behavior related concerns, examining and observing your pet in his/her natural environment
Digital radiography (x-rays)
- Ultrasonic cleaning, scaling, polishing
- Spay/neuter, mass removal, cystotomy, exploratory, other soft tissue surgeries
Transporting geriatric or debilitated pets can often be stressful and overwhelming; in-home palliative/hospice care can be a welcome relief for both owner and pet.
- Fluid administration
- Medication adjustments
- Bloodwork rechecks
At home euthanasia (see At Home Euthanasia tab above for more details)
Pet Country serves Sullivan, MO, and surrounding areas. I charge a flat housecall/travel fee of $38 up to 10 miles; over 10 miles is an additional $1 per mile. This fee is separate and in addition to an examination fee and other services. You can combine a visit with your friends/relatives/neighbors at one location (or in the immediate neighborhood) and share the housecall fee!
Please let me know as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. You will be responsible for the housecall fee if you cancel your scheduled appointment after I have already arrived at your home, or if you are not at home for your scheduled appointment (this does not apply to euthanasia appointments).
The cost of services I provide is very comparable to most veterinary clinics in the area. Medications and other treatment prices vary according to the weight and age of your pet and the pet’s particular condition.(Prices are subject to change)
- Housecall/travel fee: $38 (1st 10 miles; $1/additional mile)
- Physical exam: $42 per pet
- Physical exam w/vaccinations: $34 per pet
- Heartworm Test: $20
- Vaccinations: $18-$25 each
- Nail trim: $10-$18
- Fecal Flotation: $25
- Urinalysis: $25
- Anal gland expression: $15
- Bloodwork (in-house): $36-$120
- Outside lab: varies
- Health certificates (domestic): $25
- (International): starts at $250
- Euthanasia: $80-120 (includes sedation and clay pawprint keepsake)
- Cremation, no ash return: $50
- Cremation with private ash return: $115-$190
- Spay/Neuter: $98-$180 and up
- Dental procedures: $286 and up
- Other soft tissue surgeries (mass removal, wound repair, exploratory, cystotomy, etc): varies
- Digital radiography: $120
I am happy to provide an estimate for your particular housecall visit when you call!
Payment in full is required at time of services.
Pet Country accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover; check; cash; Care Credit*There is a $15 service charge on all returned checks.